The upgraded 2024 BMW S 1000 XR boasts a refined in-line 4-cylinder engine yielding an impressive 170 hp through optimized intake channels. Enhanced ergonomics feature a redesigned seat and rear section, while the aesthetic gains motorsport-inspired elements. Expanded standard equipment includes Headlight Pro, Keyless Ride, and a USB charging socket. Additional options encompass Intelligent Emergency Call, M GPS Lap trigger, and M Carbon wheels, offering riders heightened customization and performance choices.
- An in-line 4 shared with the S 1000 RR delivering 170 hp at 11,000 rpm and 84 lb-ft of torque at 9250 rpm. Combined with a six-speed transmission and chain drive, this bike has enough muscle to beat the tar out of those twisting mountain roads.
- Redesigned seat has an extra .5 inches of height, for a total height of 33.5 inches, for long-distance comfort while still giving riders room to adjust their position for conditions.
- A generously sized 6.5 inch TFT instrument panel with device connectivity and the unique BMW multi-controller.
- Available in three colors, black, blue, or white, depending on choice of option package.
- All the expected rider aids, plus more standard features including an anti-hopping wet clutch, drop sensor, emergency call, and headlight Pro.
- An MSRP of $17,495, plus destination charges.
- Estimated market launch coming in Spring 2024.
BMW Press Release
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – October 26, 2023 . . .BMW Motorrad proudly introduces the new, updated 2024 S 1000 XR, an enhanced version of the successful long-distance sports bike. Increased engine power, improved ergonomics, design refinements, and expanded standard features define the model’s upgrades.
The reworked in-line 4-cylinder engine now delivers more impressive performance, with a flow-optimized intake channels and a power output of 170 hp.
The new S 1000 XR shares its in-line 4-cylinder engine with the S 1000 RR, providing a smooth and powerful torque delivery that contributes to excellent rideability. Compared to the predecessor model, power has been increased by 5 hp to 170 hp, at an unchanged 11,000 rpm. The main reasons for the performance increase are the flow-optimized geometry of the intake runners and customized engine mapping. The maximum torque generated remains at 84 lb-ft. at 9,250 rpm.
Improved ergonomics thanks to new seat and rear section.
In order to provide even more freedom of movement, especially during high-performance riding on country roads or at the track, the seat of the long-distance sports bike has been completely redesigned. It now offers an extra 0.4 inches of seat height (33.5 inches) and provides more space by increasing the usable length and width of the seat, allowing for better adjustment of the seating position depending on the riding conditions. The improved ergonomics make it easier for riders to maneuver the S 1000 XR on the street or on the track, providing better control. A total of three different seat heights are available.
The new S 1000 XR also benefits from redesigned elements in its design. The rear section now features new side panels and air intakes inspired by motorsports, giving it a more dynamic look. Additionally, the radiator trim now has a textured surface, and the previously black-colored “beak” front fender is now painted in body color.
Extended range of standard equipment and new options.
The new S 1000 XR comes with an expanded standard equipment list. As part of the standard equipment, Headlight Pro provides additional safety during night-time rides with its adaptive turning light. The rider benefits from improved road illumination in corners. Keyless Ride and a 12 Ah capacity battery are now standard features. Additionally, the new BMW S 1000 XR is equipped with a standard USB charging socket.
Other updates include standard Intelligent Emergency Call feature, the option to equip the S 1000 XR with the optional M GPS Laptrigger, and the availability of M Carbon wheels.
Three new color options.
Three new colors reflect the dynamic character of the new BMW S 1000 XR.
- Blackstorm Metallic 2 (standard)
- Gravity Blue Metallic (Style Sport)
- Light White / M Motorsport (M Package)
The key features of the new BMW S 1000 XR:
- Engine power has been increased from 165 hp to 170 hp at 11,000 rpm.
- Torque remains unchanged at 84 lb-ft at 9,250 rpm.
- The intake runners have been modified.
- Optimized Shift Assistant Pro ensures higher precision when shifting.
- Improved ergonomics and freedom of movement with a redesigned seat (33.5- inch seat height vs previous 33.1 inches).
- The Shock absorber has been optimized to provide a more sensitive and comfortable ride.
- The rear section has a new, sportier design with new side panels and air intakes inspired by motorsports.
- The handlebar clamp has been redesigned.
- The front “beak” is now painted in the body color.
- The radiator cover has a new, textured surface.
- New battery with 12 Ah capacity instead of the previous 9 Ah.
- M Carbon wheels available as an option.
- Keyless Ride is now standard.
- USB charging port is now standard.
- Headlight Pro is now standard.
- Intelligent Emergency Call has been added to standard equipment.
- Use of the M GPS Laptrigger is possible.
- 999 cc inline 4-cylidner engine. 170 hp and 84 lb-ft of torque.
- 6-speed transmission with chain drive.
- Cast aluminum wheels.
- BMW Motorrad Integral ABS.
- Race ABS Linked to Ride Modes.
- Dynamic Traction Control.
- Dynamic Brake Control.
- Dynamic ESA.
- Dynamic Engine Brake Control.
- Ride Modes Pro.
- Keyless Ride.
- Steering Stabilizer.
- Radial Front Brakes.
- Upside Down 45mm Front Forks.
- Anti-hopping, wet clutch.
- Ultimate Care break-in service included.
- Headlight Pro with cornering light.
- Intelligent Emergency Call.
- Drop Sensor.
- Keyless Ride
- USB Charging port.
- 12v Power Socket.
- 6.5-inch TFT Screen with Connectivity and Multi-controller.
- On-Board Computer.
- Electronic Immobilizer.
- Headlight Pro with Adaptive Headlight.
- Full LED Lighting.
- Comfort Turn Signals.
- Adjustable Handbrake and Clutch Levers.
- Adjustable Windscreen.
- Case Holder.
- Storage Compartment.
- Dynamic ESA
- Gear Shift Assist Pro
- Cruise Control
- Luggage Rack
- Center Stand
- Heated Grips
- Hand Protection
- GPS Prep
- TPM Tire Pressure Monitor
- LED Auxiliary Lights
- Light White / M Motorsport colors
- M Sport Seat (standard, low or high)
- Black Tank Cap
- Sport Windshield
- M Lightweight Battery
- Sport Muffler
- M Endurance Chain
- M GPS Laptrigger
- M Forged Wheels or M Carbon Wheels (extra charge)
M Carbon Package
- M Carbon Side Panels
- M Carbon Front Fender
- M Carbon Ignition Lock Cover
Milled Billet Package
- M Rider Footrests
- M Passenger Footrests
- M Brake and Clutch Levers
- M Endurance Chain
- M GPS Laptrigger
- M Carbon Wheels
- M Forged Wheels
- Design Option Wheels
- Sports Muffler
- M Sport Seat
- M Sport Seat, low
- M Sport Seat, high
- Seat, low
- Seat, high
- Lowering Kit
- M Lightweight Battery
- High Windshield
|S 1000 XR|
|Capacity||cc/cu. in.||999 / 79|
|Bore x stroke||mm||80.0 x 49.7|
|Output||hp||170 @ 11,000 rpm|
|Torque||lb-ft.||84 @ 9,250 rpm|
|Type||Liquid-cooled in-line 4-cylinder engine|
|No. of cylinders||4|
|Compression / fuel||12.5:1 / premium unleaded|
|Valve / accelerator actuation||DOHC / 4-valves per cylinder|
|Ø intake/exhaust valve dia.||mm||33.5 / 27.2|
|Ø throttle body dia.||mm||48|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, EU5+|
|Headlight||LED low and high beam|
|Clutch||Self-reinforcing, anti-hopping wet clutch|
|Gearbox||Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox|
|Transmission ratios I||2.647|
|Rear wheel drive||chain|
|Frame construction type||Aluminum composite bridge frame|
|Front suspension||Upside-down, 45 mm, telescopic forks|
|Rear suspension||Aluminum double-sided swing arm with central shock|
|Suspension travel front/rear||in.||5.9 / 5.9|
|Brakes||front||Twin floating brake disks Ø 320 mm|
4-piston fixed calipers
|rear||Single-disc brake Ø 220 mm|
Single-piston floating caliper
|ABS||BMW Motorrad ABS Pro|
|Wheels||Light alloy cast wheels|
|front||3.50 x 17″|
|rear||6.00 x 17”|
|Tires||Front||120/70 ZR 17|
|Rear||190/55 ZR 17|
|Dimensions and weights|
|DIN unladen weight||lbs.||500|
|Permitted total weight||lbs.||992|
|Fuel tank capacity||gal.||5.3|
Read the BMW Press Release for all the details.
Did we hit the mark?
Click the Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down button to email your feedback.